New Titleist 712 AP1 irons have been launched. Titleist has combined a stainless steel body with a high density tungsten sole weight to improve the forgiveness of the new Titleist 712 AP1 irons.
The length of the shorter irons in the new 712 AP1 irons have been progressively reduced to ensure the classic look of the iron is retained. Titleist is also promising higher ball speeds on miss-hits through the improved technology within the steel head.
The stock shaft of the new Titleist 712 AP1 irons is the True temper Dynamic Gold XP. The stock graphite shaft is the Tour AD by Graphite Design. The stock grip is the Titleist Tour Velvet by Golf Pride.
Features of Titleist 712 AP1 Irons :
1) Advanced Performance: High quality, high technology design and construction featuring a stainless steel body, tungsten nickel sole and Tuned Feel System enhances performance and feel.
2) Improved, Hotter Feel: The thin face with integrated aluminum and soft elastomer Tuned Feel System in the back cavity improves sound and feel at impact for a hotter, more lively feel.
3) Solid Feel: High density tungsten nickel sole bar reduces low frequency vibration for solid feel.
4) More Forgiving: Perimeter weighted back flange and tungsten nickel sole bar locates the CG low and deep for increased MOI, forgiveness and stability.
5) Hotter Flight: Thin face, dual cavity design pushes weight to the perimeter for a hotter face and flight.
6) Improved Short Irons: Shorter blade length, thinner topline, and reduced visual offset deliver control and performance.
7) Shaft and Grip: High performance Nippon NS Pro 105T lightweight shaft features a medium tip for control and softer butt section for feel. Titleist Tour Velvet rubber grip provides soft feel with traction.